Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Favorite AlcoHOLIDAY St. Patty's Day.

I haven't joined ancestry.com but I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that I'm not Irish. I don't believe in  , , or even that 4 leaf clovers are lucky...well maybe I do a little...and are they even Irish or is that strictly shamrock territory??? In general I'm not attracted to red heads and don't have much green in my closet so why do I celebrate this day...drinking duh. St. Patrick's day is one of the few holidays that is, in my opinion, just an excuse to drink. I've had green beer...the novelty of it makes it fun but it tastes like...beer. I love beer but it fills me up faster than it gets me drunk...FAIL. So to prepare for tonight (I wish I was off tomorrow) I've searched the web to find some hopefully "lucky" St. Patty's day cocktails.
Option 1: Pickle Back: Shot of Bourbon chased with a shot of pickle brine. Not sure about this one.



Option 2: Margarita!! It's clearly the most obvious green drink of choice, but sometimes the margarita gets overlooked in the colder months, Don't make this mistake! Because although "Marge" is about as Irish as I am...she's always good for a party!!

Option 3: Emerald Isle. This one isn't for me, b/c I hate Gin...but you'll look much classier drinking this than your friend chugging green beer from a plastic pitcher.
Emerald Isle

Option # : Mojito...fresh to death. Love these

#5 is probably more for the ladies (but I'm not judging) the Appletini
Appletini looks like a super sweet stomach ache to me, but I chug everything. Sipping is lame.

# 6 is for the DD/child of the group Mint Milkshake.

I hope you guys like these options, please let me know if you try any of them (especially #1).
If you're like me and enjoy the simple things in life then just follow my lead, get the biggest bottle of       that you can find, a few bottles of tonic water (or mixer of your choice) a couple of limes and some . I'm not sure what the name of this cocktail is...I just call it drunk.



If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf-clover, is he lucky? ~ Stanislaw J. Lec

No comments:

Post a Comment