Friday, March 4, 2011

Client of the week!



Hello Ma'm, how are you today? I asked the woman wearing acid washed jeans and  a "Trick or Tweety Bird" sweatshirt. Really??, it's neither 1985 nor Halloween, get it together. She doesn't respond, which is a fairly common occurrence. So I try another question, which I quickly regretted, What type of work are you interested in? After a slight pause she says..."I just had some dental work done, had all's my teeth pulled right out my head. That dentist I got says my teeth were going to start to poison my blood stream if I didn't get em out!"  Really?, well I wasn't talking about that type of work I was..."I got these temporary dentures on the top but I can't wear the bottom ones, Look! (proceeds to pull down her bottom gum) I got these here implants things, not sure what they're for but sakes alive (??) do they hurt".
Thankfully this happened AFTER lunch or I would not have been able to enjoy my already tasteless "Private Selection" (thanks but no thanks Kroger) turkey sandwich. At this point I give up all hope of finding this woman a job so I just accept my fate and continue to listen to her vividly explain her situation. She asks "You ever tried to eat a garlic bologna sandwich with dentures?" To which I don't even respond, "Well it's tough, I even tried them Poly-grip thangs, nope, my bottom ones still just kept getting stuck in the bologna and falling out." C'mon, what about me makes you think I want/need to hear this. Next was my favorite, she said "After that sandwich I just decided I'd stick to soft foods, so I just find something soft and swallow it whole just like a snake does."
Wow. She directly follows this up with "I'd like to work in a professional office setting." I suggested she speak with "that dentist of hers" to see if he had an openings in his office.

No comments:

Post a Comment