Wednesday, March 2, 2011

American Idol Top 12 Guys. Worst Episode Ever.



Last night's American Idol was the worst 1.5 hours of television I've ever seen. With few exceptions, everyone did awful, stupid song choices, weird dancing and...just awful t.v. Starting the descent into hell was cartoon book worm Clint...who cares what his name is he sucked. The next 2 guys were ok, just kind of blah though... but JLo has definitely made the Latin presence known with the top 24 picks. Then came Carrot Top's niece Brett, that looked very similar to an 80's cartoon Icon...he was without a doubt the grossest performance of the night.  In his best Disney princess voice he said" I didn't even realize I was flipping my hair from side to side to side to.."Really?? just shut up. Following that mess came the Usher wanna-be who I already HATED, and the hetero version of Adam Lambert who's ability to scream is actually pretty good. Then some younger versions of Randy Travis &(who I had really high hopes for) sang. I can see both of these two rounding out the top 12. Followed by yet another Latino that fared pretty well in earlier weeks but his Bruno Mars cover was weak sauce. The last 20 minutes of the show were the saving grace, Idol definitely saved the best for last. My favorite guy of the night was Paul McDonald. With a voice similar to Rod Stewarts, extreme likability, natural talent and teeth that shine brighter than Rudolph's nose, I can see this guy making it very far in this competition. Directly after Rod was Jacob Lusk who recently came in 3rd on the 5th season of , but he did not need to "Lip sing for his life", he's got pipes, maybe the best voice of any of the guys...just not my style. Closing out the night was Casey Abrams, who is just different enough to make you like him.
Based on this entire season AND last nights performances, I believe the top 5 guys will be Paul McDonald, Casey Abrams, Jacob Lusk, country boy Scotty McCreery, and  screamer James Durbin. With Robbie Rosen, Stefano Langone, and Tim Halperin being potential wild cards/dark horses.

2 comments:

  1. Its funny you compared Jacob to RuPaul. The thing he was doing with his walk and his eyes last night, I said "he's gotta stop with the rupaul thing if he wants votes". Although, that kid can wail. I would be shocked if he didn't make it. I'm also in love with Paul and Casey. I'm on team beard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, great minds think alike kitty ; )

    ReplyDelete