Wednesday, March 30, 2011

JORTS

 

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR BABY...Blue. jean. shorts!I love the fact that I am an Alumni of The University of Kentucky. What other school has more devoted, loyal, ridiculous fans?? Monday  morning, after our amazing win on Sunday, the top news story was about a UK fan that tied a pair of jorts to a broom handle and waved them in the air at the airport...really? My friends all grabbed the scissors and cut off the bottom 1/2 of their jeans, my mom spent over $200.00 buying final 4 shirts for my entire family (except for me...rude) and the mayor of Lexington declared, . Being a Kentucky Basketball fan is soo exciting, fun, nerve-wracking...all of which are reasons to drink...a lot! So in order to somehow displace my anticipation for Saturday nightI've came up with several things we can all do to make it the most memorable final 4 yet!

1. While being a KY fan is forever...thankfully jorts are not. Harrellson is leaving this year so you HAVE to take advantage...everyone has to be wearing jean shorts on Saturday (preferably homemade). Remember, you will get made fun of if you are wearing these , any of these  and you will be watching the game alone if you wear  (probably a DUKE fan). So just grab the jeans you paint in, or that don't really fit anymore, or that pair from your early 20's that are waaay to destroyed for someone your age to wear in public and cut them off at the knee. DONE.

2. Also, I think each party should have a "biggest UK fan" contest. The winner being the person that wears the most blue/uk gear etc. You have to wear your hat, light up necklaces, pins, sunglasses, shirts/hoodies, socks, shoes (you could probably even wear these to the bar on Saturday and no one would say anything). I have my nephew for a few hours on Saturday and I'm definitely putting him in .

3. The winner of this contest (and everyone else) can should get some hair gel, mix it with blue berry Kool-aid and temporarily dye their hair blue. One added benefit to this; even though you'll most like be hungover as (insert curse word here) no one will notice b/c you'll fit in perfectly with the other blue hairs  that are out to eat Sunday afternoon.

4. Most importantly...what to drink? Now obviously I will add blue food coloring to my    therefore everything I drink will be blue. Blue jello shots are a must have and if you can find a JORTS cookie cutter to cut the jell-o, EVEN BETTER. And of course it isn't a party, or a game, if you aren't taking LOTS of shots. Final 4 shot: , , and . Just put a frozen raspberry in the bottom a a shot glass, mash it up a little, add 1 part makers and 1 part ale8 and throw it back! This also works VERY well as a drink (thanks Ben), the raspberries work double time as flavor and ice. I know it's not a blue drink but Makers and Ale8's are KY drinks so it counts.

Cheers Everyone and  have fun cheering on be sure to take a shot(s) for .

GO CATS!

1 comment: