Thursday, April 28, 2011

Carole King Idol...i.e. songs no one has ever heard.

American Idol is the KING of strrreeaattccching a show to fill a time slot. Last night started off with a  35 minute introduction of  followed by a 20 minute recap of Kenneth  Edmonds career...blah blah if you don't already know who these people are, chances are you don't care to learn about them on a karaoke show. It was apparent last night that IDOL is done with . They dressed him in the lamest outfit I've seen and put him in the first slot after he was in the bottom 2 last week. To make matters worse he sang a song with the lyrics "My sweet baby that's not like those other girls,"... c'mon man...really? Following the train on Jacob's dress was .While I still don't think she's in it to win it, her likability and talent make me think she's got a pretty strong following...she's just been pretty blah to me lately performance wise. After Lauren was the 1st time filler duet of the night. In my opinion duet was phenomenal and the only one of the night that was worth watching. She's amazing. After that wonderfulness came how is this twat still around he sang one of my favorite/one of the only ones that I know, Carole King Songs, for him, he did ok but gosh I hate this guy. Ryan Seacrest called him "Scotty the body"...really? and once he performed he did this dbag look into the camera...ugh I wish someone would  him in his stupid crooked face . For the 2nd week in a row I was kinda impressed with James Durbin...last night I got the sense that he may win...I have no idea why he would win...and if that happens I foresee him, and Idol going off into the abyss with  and the rest of the non-successful Idol camp. Maybe they can all start a new band with . After James was the 2nd duet of the night. looked like this during her duet with . Reason being...he cannot sing with other people and he dumped a big bucket of douche juice all over her talent...this kid has got to go!  said Lauren you're amazing..oh and twatty, it's hard to sing second behind a voice like that. Casey and all his coolness followed that train wreck. He is the only guy that I like and I think he is crazy talented...but it wasn't my favorite performance of his...I don't even know if anyone has ever heard that song before. I'm nervous for him tonight.










 was the last performance of the night. HOPEFULLY that slot will work for her and she won't be in the bottom this week, I'd say she was in the top 2 performances of the night and GENNIFAH said she has one of the best voices in the competition...I'm going to "wishful thinking" and say that despite her consistency in the bottom 3, this girl is a dark horse and is going to make the finals...and hopefully win! I think her or Lauren are the only ones that have the potential to capitalize on winning and have a successful career. Closing the show was the biggest  of all. Jacob and James did a duet...there isn't even anything to say.
I'm not sure if they'll do a bottom 2 or 3 this week but my bet  &  with Rupaul going home...but I hope it's Scotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment