Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Egg Salad

So yesterday I overheard the following conversation at work:
Pregnant co-worker: "Where can I get a good egg salad sandwich in this town"?
Crazy old co-worker: "Speedway has great egg salad".

REALLY?!?!?!
My first thought was, are you trying to kill this woman, and her baby?? Personally, I only eat at gas stations on road trips, and even then I stick to the staples, i.e. chips, candy bars, and if I'm feeling brave maybe I'll get a pack of those 2/$1 lemon drops that have been hanging there since before I was born, but that's as far as I'll go. That being said, I have family members that "grocery shop" at Speedway, in fact my father purchased 3 live chickens because "the cost of eggs is going up". Really dad, where are you buying eggs, "Speedway". UGH. Getting back to egg salad, I did something I never thought I'd do...I googled "Speedway nutrition facts", don't ever do that. Listed under SuperMom's Deli, there she was, the egg salad snack sandwich. The nutrition facts weren't as awful as I had expected, however I wouldn't even eat an egg salad sandwich that my sweet little grandma made, let alone one that NeNe/Super Mom, made after she filled those windshield cleaner buckets on her smoke break.

No comments:

Post a Comment